Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Our Little Family

I cannot emphasize enough how grateful I am to have my "little family." In the work that I do, it's not uncommon to feel burnt out and  stressed. Believe me, after three consecutive 12-hour Noc Shifts trying to keep people alive, feeling "drained" is the least of your worries. But coming home to The Hubs and The Pup is all the therapy I need. 

It's still difficult to wrap my head around on how my life and priorities have drastically changed. Not too long ago, all I would need to think about are my own self-directed needs. But now, suddenly I find my thoughts revolving around these individuals that I feel responsible for and bonded to. But it's an awesome feeling (Most of the time. Haha!). It has a comfortable sense of security to it that I'm definitely embracing. To be honest, I simply cannot wait for more (all in God's perfect time).

My every day isn't always peaches and cream, but I at least get to go home to this. And I know I'm one of the happiest people alive. I sincerely feel blessed. I can only hope and pray there will be more of this... warm cuddles, soft kisses, laughter and looks of utter welcome. No amount of material things can ever replace what we have. It all just comes full circle. And I'm forever grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment