Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Salamat! Merci! Grazie! ¡gracias THANKS!


 At 25, with a high-stress job working as a nurse and thrust into a town as different as can be from where I grew up, I've unfortunately found myself on almost a daily verge of a nervous breakdown.

There definitely has been something missing in the whole equation. After all, I really don't have it all that bad. But somehow, a lot of us find ourselves (quite too often than we'd want to) in this kind of slump... Then it dawned on me, remember that song? "Count your blessings, name them one by one." Lightbulb moment! Maybe, just maybe... it's as simple as that. Perhaps, I, like so many people right now tend to overlook the thousands of reasons to be grateful everyday. No matter how seemingly mundane certain things may be, there should ALWAYS be a reason to go on with life.

So despite hesitations of wearing my heart on my sleeve, I've found little ol' me facing myself with a challenge -to look for or recognize everyday things to have a thankful and happy heart. This will be a daily journey to document life's tiny miracles with the hope that I not only draw inspiration to myself, but to others around me as well (even if no one cares to read these posts haha). It's a bit cliche, but how many times have we heard it before? Let the light begin to shine in me.
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving THANKS to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment